Monday, January 16, 2012

Bonds Unbroken

Unspoken words spit out on crumpled sheets
Strewn on the floor like evidence at my feet

Revealing pent up emotions, buried deep in a coffin
That begged to come out and not be forgotten

Of times when warm smiles stopped the rain
And heart-to-heart chats eased the pain

Sometimes a step back helps us finish the race
Not like a rat but with dignity and grace

You are not lost, out of sight but not mind
Bonds grow deeper with the passage of time

I hold you near, tucked deep in my heart
Next to fond memories so we’ll never part.




~kfu

2 comments:

Mom said...

Smiles will come to you again.
You'll never know exactly when.

And when they do, my precious child,
Your mother too will show a smile.

~~~~~~~ said...

Although rain may fall
This I promise you
My light shines too bright
For permanent gloom.

xo